The Galicia Jewish Museum is a unique institution that was created to commemorate the victims of the Holocaust, to celebrate the richness of Jewish history and culture, and to take part in the revival of Jewish life in present-day Poland.
Through exhibitions, cultural events, and an educational outreach and community programme, the Museum presents Jewish history from a new perspective, challenging the stereotypes and misconceptions typically associated with the Jewish past in Poland, educating both Poles and Jews about their own histories whilst encouraging them to think about the future.
In addition to its educational tasks, the Galicia Jewish Museum meets a range of specific community- and heritage-based needs. Through a rich and diverse exhibition programme, the Museum offers a platform for contact with Judaism, Jewish culture, history, and even contemporary art, providing an engaging, welcoming environment for people from all backgrounds and age groups within the context of Kraków. The exhibition programmes target visitors from the local Jewish community as well as their non-Jewish neighbours, Jewish tourists visiting the place of death and/or country of their ancestors, and non-Jewish tourists arriving every year to Poland.
The work of the Galicia Jewish Museum is possible only thanks to the trust and support of many individual donors and foundations.
Your donation today will help ensure a future for the Museum and an ongoing contribution to the revival of Jewish culture in Poland, as well as the continued presence of our vital institution for visitors from around the world as well as for the local community. Only together we can build an open and tolerant society, aware of its past, and actively shaping its Polish-Jewish future.
The Galicia Jewish Museum is functioning thanks to the trust and support of numerous individuals and instituions. In 2017 the Museum received over 70 important grants and donations from foundations, individuals, as well as public and private organizations.
Your each donation enables us to make a change:
- 200 PLN will cover the costs of organizing a workshop or a museum class for a youth group
- 400 PLN covers the cost of free of charge English classes which we are organizing for local children
- 1000 PLN is a great support of organizing a new temporary exhibition or publishing an accompanying catalogue
To find out more about donations and possibilities of supporting the Galicia Jewish Museum, please contact our External Relations and Fundraising Manager, Ada Kopeć-Pawlikowska: firstname.lastname@example.org
NAME OF ACCOUNT:
FUNDACJA GALICIA JEWISH HERITAGE INSTITUTE
TYPE OF ACCOUNT:
ADDRESS OF BANK:
UL. JÓZEFINSKA 18, 30-955 KRAKOW, POLAND
PHONE NUMBER OF BANK:
0048 12 4236744
67 1240 4432 1111 0000 4723 5276
ACCOUNT HOLDER ADDRESS:
UL. DAJWÓR 18, 31-052 KRAKOW, POLAND
PHONE NUMBER OF ACCOUNT HOLDER:
0048 12 421 6842
US donors can make their donation tax-deductible by sending the donation through to the Galitzianers – Friends of the Galicia Jewish Museum at the King Baudouin Foundation United States (KBFUS).
- Gifts by check: Write your check to KBFUS, write “Fundacja Galicia Jewish Heritage Institute” in the memo section of the check, and send it to KBFUS, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10020.
- Gifts by credit card: Go to www.kbfus.org, click on the ‘Donate Now’ button and select “Galicia Jewish Heritage Institute” through the alphabetical listings.
- Gifts by wire transfer or to contribute other types of property: Contact KBFUS at: email: email@example.com
Please also inform us about your donation, by sending an e-mail to Jakub Nowakowski, Museum Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org